- Fluorescence Tutorials - excellent video presentations by Invitrogen on principles of fluorescence. Anyone who is not sure how a flow cytometer works will greatly benefit from watching these well-made video presentations.
- Introduction to flow cytometry presented by BD.
- Compensation - an informal perspective by Mario Roederer. Try the quiz!
- The art of sorting - video presentation focused on the principles of cell sorting (Beckman- Coulter).
- Practical Flow Cytometry (Fourth Edition) by Howard M. Shapiro - free online book from Beckman-Coulter.
- Flow Cytometry - A Basic Introduction - by Michael G. Ormerod.
Fluorochrome spectra viewers
- Fluorescence Spectra Analyzer (Biolegend)
- Fluorescence Spectrum Viewer (BD)
- Fluorescence Spectra Viewer (Invitrogen/Life Technologies/Thermo)
- Spectra database hosted at the University of Arizona.
Software for flow cytometry analysis
- FlowJo is a very popular flow cytometry software. Yearly licenses are available to researchers with a CHOP email address.
- FCS Express is a flow cytometry and image quantitation software developed by De Novo Software. The interface resembles Microsoft Office and it was designed to be intuitive and easy to learn. Access to FCS Express 6 Flow Cytometry is available upon request using an Internet dongle.
- Cytobank (Basic platform) - free flow cytometry analysis software that runs in a browser window.
- Flowlogic is developed by Inivai Technologies and distributed by Miltenyi Biotec.
Flow cytometry applications
- Principles of fluorochrome selection for polychromatic flow cytometry (Biolegend)
- Fluorophore brightness:
- Expression of common CD antigens:
- Fluorochrome/Laser Reference Chart: a list of fluorochromes from BD.
- Cell cycle analysis:
- Considerations on the effect of fixatives and cell permeabilizon reagents on antibody binding to cells: